Tourniquets save lives by temporarily suspending bleeding in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhaging. Since Russia’s full-scale invasion, it is almost impossible to buy real, high-quality tourniquets in Ukraine. They are needed by medics fighting for wounded soldiers` and civilians` lives. Ecoclub asks for help to purchase tourniquets or donate funds to buy them.
Due to our partners’ support and donor contributions, Ecoclub donated several dozen tourniquets to Ukrainian communities. Thus, tourniquets have already received by:
- the city of Novograd-Volynsky, in the Zhytomyr region;
- the city of Pervomaisk, in the Kharkiv region;
- volunteer doctors from Rivne, Poltava, Sumy, Dobropillya, Kyiv and Rivne regions.
It`s not possible to make a high-quality tourniquet at home, in an atelier or in an educational institution because such a product will not help, and can actually hurt, in a critical moment. We note that a company must have the appropriate license to produce a real tourniquet. If you want to help Ukrainian communities, please buy the most popular models of tourniquets listed below or donate money for their purchase. Ecoclub will deliver them to Ukrainian communities and medics who have such a request:
- Tourniquet “SOF TACTICAL” – The SOF®TT is constructed of quality, high-strength materials. The tourniquet handle is machined from a solid piece of aircraft aluminum and maintains its strength in extreme temperatures. The tri-rings are molded Acetyl, a high impact plastic that will also maintain its strength in extreme operating conditions. The SOF® Tactical Tourniquet is designed to reduce the chance of accidental release or mechanical failure. The fastening system will perform when soiled, muddy, frozen, or wet.
- Tourniquet “CAT”. Noted as the best prehospital tourniquet in the February 2008 supplement of The Journal of Trauma. The patented C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests proved that the CAT completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage.
- Tourniquet “SWAT-T”. The SWAT-Tourniquet allows a more rapid means to control extremity bleeding, and allows application higher into the groin and axilla than other tourniquets. Its ease of application is one of its greatest benefits; individuals can effectively apply it in seconds with little to no prior training. At a third of the cost and weight of other combat-used tourniquets, this tourniquet should find its way forward with every tactical operator.
- Tourniquet SAM®. The SAM® Junctional Tourniquet is the only junctional hemorrhage device FDA cleared to stabilize pelvic fractures. Vital in high stress environments the patented buckle provides the clinically correct force every time, taking the guesswork out of tightening. The SJT is the ONLY junctional hemorrhage device to provide the clinically correct force for pelvic fractures.
Ecoclub will report on all donated tourniquets on our website and official Facebook page. If you want to send us tourniquets, please write us at this email – email@example.com .
To donate money for tourniquets, click on this link.
While Ecoclub’s environmental and energy projects are partially suspended, our team supports Ukrainian war-affected communities, doctors, and volunteers. Today we are looking for essentials for them – food, generators for hospitals, medicines, and equipment needed to evacuate wounded people.